Written while Drunk on Thoughts

25 Dec 2012

Paris Revisit

Merry Christmas everyone! It is the most happening Christmas as this is the first Christmas after the end of the world & I am probably already in my dreamland with my current squeeze Pierre or Francios. Hahahaha. Anyway, I am gonna tell you a story, a love story between Paris & I. It started 13 years ago, when i was a child.....



4 years ago, the summer of 2008, i was almost 19 & i made my first visit to Paris. Paris is always a city i would love to visit ever since i saw the drawing of Eiffel Tower in my uncle's house. Since then i made a promise to myself that i am going to go with someone i love. How naive was i? I was 10 then. Fast forward 9 years, i was lucky enough to visit Paris with someone i love.


Paris was a disaster. It was too warm (I had no idea why I had the jacket on even though I still think I look cool), i was crazy obsessed with my stupid hair. I was young & not to forget look chubbier than I am now & i took everything for granted but i am thankful for D to be there.

Even so, Paris gave me a bad impression, dirty underground, dirty streets, british are angels compared to Parisian. But again, i had been to Paris, even if the experience aren't as i expected, im glad i've been there.

Fast forward another 4 years, D & I are no longer together, the someone i loved & went to Paris with are no longer together. Things changed. A lot. The last time Paris was warm, this time Paris was cold & wet. Last time, Paris was a whole mess. Now, Paris is still messy but I am a whole mess.

Eiffel tower was brown the last time i saw, Eiffel tower is now bright with lights & glistening in the dark sky. It was perfect. But this time i wasn't here with someone i love. I guess u can't have everything perfect. Perfect weather, perfect feeling, perfect settings, wrong person. Don't get me wrong, my cousin was great companion but i would like to go with someone i love. The experience was great. I met people that taught me to be more of a lady and let the men to be gentlemen, like allowing them to do the honour of holding doors.

I learnt to say bonjour, bonsoir & au revoir pretty good. I learnt to pronounce Champs-Elysees correctly. I learnt that Holiday Villa (you can check if you don't believe me) is owned by Malaysian company. Hahaha.

Pictures coming out soon. I nearly didn't want to come back to London. It was perfect, the windows sill & the tiny balcony. (I totally forgot to take picture of the window sill with me sitting looking all artistic). 

You know, something like that.

                                                  Source: http://everybodyishotisdead.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/bastille-day.html 

Anyway, i like Paris now. It was everything i imagined. The cold weather & the romantic air - smelling nothing of pee (I am kidding, the metro in Paris smells like pee). Most importantly, its different. Its a different experience compared to the one D & I took few years back. I am more patient now. That being said, I will never regret the trip 4 years ago, just because it doesn't last forever, it still make me who i am today. I wouldnt change a thing about it.

Mr Butterscotch, i hope our trip to Paris' memory would be great & last me a life time. Although i always know that i would end up marrying someone else instead of u. Perhaps a French? Hahahahahaha. Nah, British accent is still the cutest to me.

Au revoir for now. 

No comments :

Post a Comment