Written while Drunk on Thoughts

3 Aug 2013

Insanity dies down

Because normal is back. But I doubt things will be normal from now on. Pretty Girl abandoned me for more than a month, leaving me empty, timetable wise and socially. She was the distraction to my thesis writing. I was initially glad that she left and I gained some time to produce a worthy dissertation. Little did I know that slightly more than 2 weeks after she left (and a lot of time and boredom later), I met someone that occupied my time even more - Alcohol. Well, its not only alcohol, but the people that I met and bonded over it.

In all honesty, I love it. No, I am not an alcoholic but rather I told myself I am trying new things and this is exactly the new things that I wanted to try. Even though it is sometimes a tad overwhelming and tiring for me, I am enjoying this new "routine" very much. The weather is treating London really good, it had been sunny for the past month. Everyone is in the best mood that they could ever be. This makes is really easy to meet new people.

I kept telling and reminding myself that if all of these ends now, I might be sad but I learnt a lot about myself in this one month than I did for the past year. I let go the past and truly live in the present without worrying too much about the future. I learnt that the strongest a person could be is not to hold on to things that don't belong to them, rather is to know when to let go when its time. Though sad things happened, I am still glad that I went through the entire experience and memories. Good or bad memories are still memories. I learnt that material is not everything, what matters is the way of life. I also learnt that I had a good life protected by my family and that dreams does come true (Reminder to everyone that might have been disappointed in the past, never stop dreaming).

On the other hand, something good have to come to an end. At some point, people leave and go separate ways. The only thing that matters is that you find a way not to drift apart. Being separated by countries and oceans feels closer than being separated emotionally. One of my first friend in London is leaving London for good. I feel sad that it would be a while before I could see her but at the same time I am happy that she got what she wants and she is happy. I suppose this is part of life.

As I am finishing my studies soon, I am embarking on the new part of journey yet again. Wish me luck!


Life is just like a rose, it has its thorns but at the same time it has the beautiful, gorgeous bloom that one could ever seen. There will always be ups and downs in life. The "downs" are there to remind us of how much we should appreciate the "ups". So, go and live your life to the fullest. 

No comments :

Post a Comment