Written while Drunk on Thoughts

26 Nov 2013

Is giving up a cowardly choice?

Life is a summation of decisions or as my friend pointed out in mathematical terms (Life = Σ Decisions). It is a string of decisions made by someone that make up his / her life. There could be billions of possibilities that the particular life would turn out differently because of one single change in those decisions.

As a person who believe that if I am persistent enough, good things will eventually come to me, giving up is never an option. Because it is deemed cowardly and not acceptable. Suck it up and soldier on is the only way to go.

But every now and then, everyone must have feel like that:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1AYha8A8N6IkE_7EvTCq3caNygXDnm3DmM0mCHYoqd3jOlV7m


http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120521082421/m__/meme/images/1/12/Table_Flip.jpg
Sometimes a little less frustrated and a lot more disappointed.

But then again, this will come back and haunt us.

http://www.celebquote.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_ltzgt4yrMJ1r5e0lko1_500_large.gif
She made giving up seem like an easy way out. But WHAT IF it leads no where even after one had been trying and trying. Wouldn't that just waste his / her time? With this question comes another question: WHAT IF it does lead to something wonderful? Perhaps not in the near future but there might be a chance there will be a pot of gold waiting at the end of the rainbow?

I recently met a woman, she is a young mother of 4. She could tell what is troubling me within 5 minutes of meeting me and the horrifying thing is she is right. She offered to tell me my future but I told her I would like to find out myself even though that might eliminate the WHAT IF. *Don't want the "Anakin-Amidala" to happen again*. Uncertainty might be fun, it might be painful but it is also precisely what life is.

I don't think giving up is a cowardly choice, somethings are meant to be given up so that better things could fall in place. But somethings are not. How do you know which to give up and which not to? I have absolutely no idea. It wouldn't be fun if I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment