Written while Drunk on Thoughts

29 Nov 2013

To own a time turner

If you are given an opportunity to turn back time, do you want to?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0kygj8HgL1qdrpdr.jpg
How many times had you heard people saying this "If only I could turn back time."

I am a social scientist, so naturally I have 2 answers. Yes and No.

The NO
I was afraid of a lot of things growing up, mainly because my mother aren't exactly the adventurous type and people around me are protective and never push me to the edge. I was afraid that I might got myself into trouble for doing something, so I always chose not to. I was never happy about my own body and I was never comfortable in my own skin.

Sure enough, every now and then, I still feel the same but I am not the meek, shy introvert anymore. I try everything even though I sometimes don't feel comfortable doing, I make a point of trying before deciding. Shy of anything illegal, I tried quite a great deal of "things", be it morally correct or not. Though I am not proud of some things I've done, I accept it and move on. Hey, at least I tried it, no? I never had to ask myself what if I don't. There is also a saying "You never live life until you got yourself into trouble and your heart broken."

The YES
Everyone has something they regret of, something they wish they had not done or something that they could have done differently. I think up until now, I only have one thing that I would do differently if I could turn back time. That is to handle things like an adult rather than like a child. I would have call it quit the correct way, even though it hurts, it doesn't hurt that much. Its a route I wished I had taken instead of the one I took.

Thats the only thing that I would do differently. Even though I never been through any hardship, I am glad that I was the meek, shy introvert and I am glad I saw a way out and became someone quite different than what I was.

So, if you are given an opportunity to turn back time, would you change anything or you are happy with what you've done no matter how shameful or embarrassed you are, because its a way of life?

No comments :

Post a Comment