Written while Drunk on Thoughts

7 Mar 2013

Please, Please, Please, let me get what I want

Just an update to what is happening.....

While preparing for many mid-terms and thesis' drafts to come in the near future coupled with the freaking out of what my life has in store in me, I somehow found my music muse again. When I said muse, I am not trying to be a hipster. I just enjoyed looking for music that I would heard from a tv show, on the street, in a restaurant, in a store and use an app I downloaded which could identify the name of the song and get hold of the song name so that I could download it, play it a gazillion times on my ipod on a loop until I find another song. The process then starts all over again.

I used to do that the last time I was in university. And work caught up to me and I stopped because I barely had time enough to sleep and is falling back on tv series and everything in my life is in a loop. Fret not, I got out from the loop, although not the correct way to get out of it but what is important is, I got out of it. And got myself into another loop. Classes, lazing around, burning midnight oil. But on the side, I get to explore restaurants and new places. My cousin and I find new restaurants to try, different cuisine every week. Not the cheapest past time but I enjoyed every minute of it. These weekly outings gave me a reason to dress up - which I didn't really bother to do so anymore since I don't have the need to impress anyone. Am I the only one or is the best part of any relationship is the duration where you would want to impress the other person? I don't mean solely mean those kind of relationship, but also new friendship, work relationship where you would want people to see you as a certain kind of person until comfort kicks in and you just sort of let everything go?

Anyway, back to what I was saying. There are a lot of panicky days, freaking out days to come but I am going to take things one day at a time, one test at a time, one project at a time. I have a clear vision of what I want (maybe just on certain thing rather than another), so I would like to quote The Smiths, "Please, Please, Please, let me, let me, let me get what I want this time." I want to get what I am not able to and also didn't try hard enough to get the last time.

I am sure everyone has something or someone in their life that they want really bad. This is for all of you, I hope that you would be able to get what you want.

The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, let me get what I want

No comments :

Post a Comment